I’ve been running since 2008. Before that, I used to be a 2-pack-a-day smoker, and an enthusiastic drinker. Now I run a 17:25 5K and a 3:13 marathon. I’m going to get faster.
- MAF Fitness Founding Coach.
- Product Director at MAF Fitness.
- Maffetone PB, Rivera-Dominguez I, Laursen PB. Overfat and Underfat: New terms and Definitions Long Overdue. Front Public Health. 2017;4:279. doi:10.3389/fpubh.2016.00279
- Maffetone PB, Rivera-Dominguez I, Laursen PB. Overfat Adults and Children in Developed Countries: The public health importance of identifying excess body fat. Front Public Health. 2017. doi:10.3389/fpubh.2017.00190
- Maffetone PB, Malcata, R, Rivera-Dominguez I, Laursen PB. The Boston Marathon versus the World marathon Majors. PLoS One. 2017;12(9): e0184024. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0184024
- Graduated from Reed College with a B.A. in Linguistics, with an emphasis on psycholinguistics, statistical methods, and experimental design.
- Pose Method certified Level I Sports Technique Specialist and Level I certified Running Technique Specialist.
- FMS (Functional Movement Screen) certified Level 1 and 2.
- Attended workshops on Systems Thinking, facilitated by scholars from the MIT Sloan School of Management
- Attended a systems thinking workshop at MIT held by The Sloan School’s L-Lab.
- Commendation for Academic Excellence, Reed College.
- Undergraduate Research Grant, Reed College.
- Presidential Scholarship, Pacific University.
- Academic scholarship, Prescott College.
- Used systems thinking extensively in both theoretical and practical applications in the domain of sustainability and politico-socio-economic design.
- Lectured on the practical applications of biomechanics to running training in La Paz, Mexico, BCS.